The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Is this Perspective set up doable? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Can I make a perspective that has all of this show up:
Due today
Checkmarked
and 1st Task in each Project?

If so, could you please tell me the set up
If not, do you plan on making this an option... if so how far out is it before implementation?

Thanks

No, you can't make arbitrary perspectives that show groups of non-overlapping actions (all tasks due today + all flagged tasks + all next actions). Make yourself a perspective for each of the separate groups, add them as toolbar buttons, and switch between them. Work the tasks due today (and any from earlier days that didn't get done on time) until there's no more you can do. Then work a flagged task, see if you've got anything else from the due today list that can be done, and repeat until there's nothing left on either list. Once you've gotten all of the important stuff out of the way, browse the next actions list.

With this approach, you get a more focused list of tasks from which to choose, and you don't risk squandering your energy and attention on tasks of lesser importance.