The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Filter for "all tasks" disappeared Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
As of 92555, the option to filter for "all tasks" (i.e., not to filter at all) has disappeared from the filter bar in context view.

I hope this is just a temporary lapse, as I depend on this ability to deselect filters.

(During daily review, I flag tasks I plan to do this day. I have a perspective where I show all tasks (remaining + done), sort by due, and filter for flagged. With the ability to show all tasks gone, tasks marked as completed disappear from this list -- which is not what I want, I want them to continue sitting there in their completed state until I expressly unflag them --, and they are also a bear to hunt for later because I cannot show completed tasks in context view at all and have to sift through all my projects in project view.)

All the best,

Klaus

Last edited by Beckes; 2007-10-10 at 03:35 AM..

The MOTD indicates that this was an intentional change. Be sure to use Help --> Send Feedback to report your use case to Omni so they'll consider adding the All filter back.

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
The MOTD indicates that this was an intentional change. Be sure to use Help --> Send Feedback to report your use case to Omni so they'll consider adding the All filter back.
I agree with Klaus that this was a bad move, and I'll be sending feedback to that effect. The rationale seems goofy--for review purposes, it makes perfect sense to want to see completed actions from active projects.

Curt -- thanks for pointing me to the MOTD.

Let me point out once more why this behaviour irks me: It makes it unnecessarily complicated to use flags for selecting a subset of your next actions.

If you are looking at a sub-list of flagged actions in context view and _either_ unflag an action _or_ mark it as done, the action will disappear immediately. In this way, you are not getting a chance to toggle the second attribute in context view. Rather, you have to hunt for your just-completed action somewhere in project view.

Please, bring filter deselecting back. (In principle, I think users, being mostly grown-ups, should be free to de-select all filters in any filtering functionality offered.) Pretty please.

I also sent feedback asking to have "All" back. It's important for recovering from user error (accidentally marking something as done), or when you don't see an action you're expecting and you're confused why.

i've put my two cents in for this as well via feedback. i'm holding off on upgrading in hopes it will make its way back in quickly!