The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Developer > Omni Frameworks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Method replacements you make in Omni frameworks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

We have been struggling with your frameworks, mainly because of some method replacement you made to some Appkit classes, for example the [NSTableView keyDown] method. Basically you broke the responder chain for keyDown events by not calling the original [NSTableView keyDown] at some point in your replacement method. We spend quite some time figuring this one out.

Can you explain why you make such drastic changes to the base classes? This seems like a big risk and offer poor code isolation. Looking at the code there seem to be less risky(but maybe less powerfull) alternatives.

Thanks,

Antoine

I doubt atux is looking here anymore, but in case anyone else (other than spammers) stumbles across this thread: we've removed our override of -[NSTableView keyDown:].