The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Inability to adjust for tasks that are completed ahead of schedule Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have exactly the same problem as this one, which is the inability to adjust for tasks that are completed ahead of schedule, meaning if i have three tasks:

A, B, C , and im doing task A right now:

A
....B
........C

but if B is done ahead of schedule, when leveling, it ought to look like this :

A
....B
....C

instead of not changing at all

looks to me like its not differentiating between completed tasks and uncompleted ones, Thanks in Advance.

Last edited by mr_projects; 2007-10-30 at 10:25 AM..

That does sound like incorrect behavior. If task B is completed, and task C was delayed because it uses the same resource as task B, then it should be moved earlier. Oh, unless there's a dependency between task B and task C. If that's the case, you'll need to enter task B's actual completion date before task C will adjust the way you'd expect.

If you're still seeing something that smells like a bug, feel free to send an email to our ninjas at omniplan@omnigroup.com

I'd like to show an example, as well as the attached file

all tasks are attached together with F->S links, in this example B is 100% complete ahead of schedule, when leveling, it doesn't adjust C accordingly. I hope you got my point
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_1_620x400.shkl.jpg
Views:	876
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	356  
Attached Files
File Type: zip example.zip (2.2 KB, 827 views)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_projects View Post
I'd like to show an example, as well as the attached file

all tasks are attached together with F->S links, in this example B is 100% complete ahead of schedule, when leveling, it doesn't adjust C accordingly. I hope you got my point
In this situation, we'd recommend setting the end date of Task B to when it was completed. With the dependency connection between Task B and C, Task C won't start right after Task A because it has to start right after Task B's "Finish to Start" connection.

If you remove the connection between Task B and Task C (provided that all tasks are assigned to the same resource), you'll see Task C being leveled to start right after Task A like you wanted it to.

So for now, you should either change the end date of Task B or remove the dependency connection between Task B and Task C. I've filed a feature request in our database for an easier way to mark a task completed "today" and to automatically set the end date to reflect that.

Im so thankful for your suppprt,

Im hoping there is a way to automatically remove the necessary dependencies when marking future tasks done

Thanks,