The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Copy/Paste and export size variations Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a large diagram (120cm high x 250cm wide) which is all lines and boxes with text inside (family tree). I imported this from Visio and have now exported as pdf and plotted it ok.

If I now use Omnigraffle to change the amount of text in a box, or add a text box alongside a line, I now encounter problems. Looks fine in the drawing, but if I select an area, group the items selected, and paste it into an A4 or A3 size sheet, drag the corners to suit the page size, I have the following issues.

On the A4 sheet, the lines and boxes scale ok, but the text in the boxes does not and overflows the boxes. The text doesn't seem to scale with the box in which it is contained. It appears to act independently, whereas in Visio it is part of the box.

I have the same effect if I export as a pdf.

If I paste the selected group into an A3 sheet, before even trying to get the group to fit the page size, the text within the boxes has shrunk dramatically! It's miniscule!

I have set the ruler sizes and scales to the same throughout the different sheets.

Any advice welcome.