The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Resource/Project Cost Per Month/Phase Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

Is there a way to see a resource's cost per month? A staffing plan may have a resource committed to a variable amount each month, but rather than see the resource's entire cost for the project I'd like to see it per month.

Similarly, with resources coming onto and off of a project, I'd like to see the estimate for a per-month cost rather than break it down into an average per month cost for the duration of the project. How do I do that?

Thanks,

Ketjak

Sorry to be a pest, but this is currently a serious issue for me and I'd rather know before I begin the tedious effort of doing this by hand or via Excel.

Use Help->Send Feedback to get your query in front of someone who will give you an answer. There's no guarantee that a forum post will be seen, much less answered, by anyone at Omni.

Thanks WH!

- Ket/Phil

Any news....as I too would like to know how to generate more detailed reports (effort per rescuers per month,....etc)

Sorry for the lack of response, here. As whpalmer4 noted, Help -> Send Feedback is generally a better venue when you're looking for any kind of response from us. The forums are more user community driven, in general, though we try to chime in regularly.

Reporting remains an area we'd like to work on strengthening, but based on customer feedback it appears to be a lower priority for most of our users than you might imagine. That's compounded by the fact that it's seemingly impossible to write one report that satisfies the requirements of two users.

That's not meant to imply that we won't be adding any reporting. Rather, we need to be selective about exactly what reports we do include, so the more better we understand our users' requirements, the better we can generalize them into reports that are useful to the most users.

In the mean time, over in an OmniPlan -> Extras thread http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=19933 forum user mattao has written a cost tracking AppleScript. This calculates the cost of your project plan up to a fixed point in time. I realize that's not what you've asked for, but I wonder if it could form the basis for a new script. If you have the wherewithal, you could start a new OmniPlan -> Extras thread and spearhead a collaborative effort to get just the values you need.