The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

handy palette in toolbar? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I particularly like the OG feature where I can drag/drop a colour swatch from various places onto an object on a canvas to set it's colour.

I usually have the colour picker open all the time, with it's little drawer at the bottom also open, so I can drag/drop precise colours I've previously saved.

The colour picker's colour drawer however is system global, and thus has accumulated lots of saved colours from different projects and different apps.

I'd really like to see a feature where I can see my favourite colours in a quick pick palette in a toolbar for super easy drag/dropping onto canvas objects.

Something like this:

Not quite as elegant, but you could make a stencil containing shapes with your favorite colors. When that stencil is open you can select a shape and then drag its color style swatch from the stencil palette onto a shape in a document.

More than not quite elegant, but an interesting idea for a workaround.

You can't drag a colour swatch from a stencil though .. you drag a stroke style, or a fill style, or a text style .. so if I use a combination of dotted/solid lines of various colours and thicknesses I'd need a stencil with each combination.

(Dotted lines are conditional, thick lines are primary paths, red lines are due for design review/deletion, blue lines are for missing links being suggested.)