The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature Request: Photo underlay Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi-

In my experience it's very common for people, often as a team, to quickly hash out a rough schedule on a whiteboard before doing it in an application. What I'd love to see is a way to use a digital photo of that whiteboard as an underlay in OP. You'd need to be able to ghost it out and resize it to roughly match the bar sizes of OP. A sample picture is attached:

Adam

When I read your title I thought it would turn out to be some lame-o "skin" idea, but that is brilliant!

I would use this feature to put a "watermark" on the project (not just the printed one) like "Provisional" or "Phase II" or something like that.

Our teams sometimes brainstorm like this, and even if the plans aren't precise, it can be a handy reminder -- just like an underlay for graphic/web design.

Both of these are good reasons, and you could add simple ergonomics, like changing the background colour/image for viewing comfort and contrast with Gantt bar colours.

You might even put project info on a background image, logos, code names etc. to further distinguish projects... there's quite a bit of 'lightweight' utility in there, if you think about it.

...this would be a fairly unique feature, and it just feels like an Omni-kinda thing to to. :)

Last edited by marc; 2006-08-02 at 07:45 AM..