The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mail.app rule not working? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I installed the latest alpha and wanted to try the Mail Rule (until now I was using a custom rule triggering Clifton's script). The preference tab is present, but all options are grayed out:

I get this error in the log:

Code:
Nov  4 10:35:19 taglia OmniFocus[4623]: Error executing operation:install with arguments '(\n    "Send to OmniFocus",\n    "",\n    "HD:Users:taglia:Applications:OmniFocus.app:Contents:Resources:MailAction.applescript",\n    1\n)' -- {\n    NSAppleScriptErrorAppName = Mail;\n    NSAppleScriptErrorBriefMessage = "Can\U2019t get rule \"Send to OmniFocus\".";\n    NSAppleScriptErrorMessage = "Mail got an error: Can\U2019t get rule \"Send to OmniFocus\".";\n    NSAppleScriptErrorNumber = -1728;\n    NSAppleScriptErrorRange = NSRange: {837, 120};\n}
After manually creating a dummy rule called "Send to OmniFocus", the Preference tab temporarily works, but the Mail Rule is deleted by OF as soon as I close the Preference window.

Thanks for your help,
Cesare

It had problems at first, but I made some fixes after the first integration and it should be working better now -- sorry for the false alarm!