The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spotlight Bookmark Search Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
It's probably not a trivial thing to achieve, but indexing and searching of bookmarks via Spotlight would be a very good thing. As it is now (unless I've missed something somewhere), I have to synch all my OW bookmarks with Safari so Spotlight can see them.

(and apologies if this has been brought up before, but I could find no previous posts on the subject).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsawyer
It's probably not a trivial thing to achieve, but indexing and searching of bookmarks via Spotlight would be a very good thing. As it is now (unless I've missed something somewhere), I have to synch all my OW bookmarks with Safari so Spotlight can see them.

(and apologies if this has been brought up before, but I could find no previous posts on the subject).

I agree. Searchable bookmarks could be nice. Searchable History too.
BTW: Quicksilver can already be used to search (and open) bookmarks and OW shortcuts :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortig
I agree. Searchable bookmarks could be nice. Searchable History too.
BTW: Quicksilver can already be used to search (and open) bookmarks and OW shortcuts :-)
Unfortunately, QS is no longer displaying OW site icons (or even a generic site icon) properly. I e-mailed Allan Odgaard about this (he's the author of the OW plugin for QS) and he e-mailed Nicholas Jitkoff, who's the main QS developer. As far as I know, that was the end of the correspondence, and Nicholas hasn't responded to the query.

So, while it works, you get a blank space where an icon should be. Which sucks. And I don't know that it will be fixed any time soon. :(

Just bumping this feature request up instead of starting another thread. I'd really like to see this incorporated soon. It's getting really tedious having to sync my bookmarks to Safari to be able to search them in Spotlight.

Thanks.

Searchable Preferences would be great!

And support for Leopard's "live" help wouldn't hurt either.

Reminder: folks that want to see things added to our apps will want to submit feedback via the Help menu item - folks from the various teams do participate on the forums, but on an as-they-can basis; if you send email, you're guaranteed to get your feedback into our development database.