The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Export Projects Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a way to export only a single project without exporting the entire database? I'd like to send a project list to a colleague, but only that list.

One option might be to just select the projects and actions you want to send and hit copy. They'll paste as links into a rich text document, but you can paste them into plain text if you want just a bare list.

-Dennis

I'd like single-project export, too. The list of contacts I call, and the mail and documents I refer to, can then be put into DevonThink along with other specific project references as part of the project archive.

You can select the project(s) in planning mode and focus on them. Then you can either print to pdf or use export to html and some other formats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colicoid View Post
You can select the project(s) in planning mode and focus on them. Then you can either print to pdf or use export to html and some other formats.
This doesn't work very well currently. I tried focusing on a project first before exporting in OmniFocus format, and the whole database goes with it. Exporting to HTML after focusing does work, except that it doesn't capture what actions have been completed. PDF printing to file is the best facsimile (doesn't look as pretty as HTML though).

Here's an idea. Export your current database in OmniFocus document format to a file called "default". Open the default file and then delete all the projects from its library. Close the default file.

From now on, if you want to send a Project to a colleague, copy the "default" file to another file (say the name of the project) then open up the new empty Project file. Drag 'n drop the project you want to send onto the Library of the empty Project file. This will copy your Project into the new file. You now have a single OmniFocus file containing a single Project. You can email that you your colleague, who after opening it can drag 'n drop it into his own OmniFocus Library.

Should work a treat :)

Worked great for me - just what I needed. Thanks!