The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus on iPad Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Thank you for the very timely response! MUCH appreciated!

That was great, thanks Ken.

Thanks for the timeline Ken -- very helpful. Interesting interface! Have a great time at WWDC!!!

Thank you Ken
We Wait with Baited Breath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Here's a very quick (4-second) peek at OmniFocus for iPad:
OmniFocus for iPad sneak peek video
It won't be ready this week, and next week we're all at Apple's Worldwide Developer Conference, but hopefully we'll have it ready to submit to the App Store by the end of the following week.
Any more previews?

I was fortunate enough to run into an OmniGroup employee this week and got a super-secret sneak-peek.

What I saw was a significant improvement over the 4-second preview. It wasn't what I'd design or ask for, but it was pretty compelling. I'm not sure it will compete visually against Things, ToDo or Taska, but it will likely be a must-have app for its functionality (and it won't be ugly).

As a 1.0 product, it should be pretty good; I think the eventual 1.5 version will be fantastic. You'll just need to be patient and have faith that the app will continuously improve (as the desktop and iphone apps have).

6 Days until the end of the week after WWDC! I caaaan't await it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasong View Post
I was fortunate enough to run into an OmniGroup employee this week and got a super-secret sneak-peek.

What I saw was a significant improvement over the 4-second preview. It wasn't what I'd design or ask for, but it was pretty compelling. I'm not sure it will compete visually against Things, ToDo or Taska, but it will likely be a must-have app for its functionality (and it won't be ugly).

As a 1.0 product, it should be pretty good; I think the eventual 1.5 version will be fantastic. You'll just need to be patient and have faith that the app will continuously improve (as the desktop and iphone apps have).
OmniGroup has a great record of slowly, but surely creating some of the best apps.

I trust.

BZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasong View Post

I agree. Taska, Things, and ToDo are very appealing visually, but lack the depth of OF.

Here is my take on the three...

Taska: Coolest and Smoothest UI. Most potential as a fantastic GTD app. Still very buggy on both iPhone and iPad.

Things: Training wheels app for GTD. No cloud sync?! Yeah, yeah... they're workin' on it!

ToDo: Nice looking app. Solid performing app, but it is very confusing for me as a GTD'r. I just get frustrated with it.

I am looking forward to OmniFocus for iPad. I must admit that I have tried to make these other ones work, but in terms of function for a true GTD'r, they cannot compare!