The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How many projects do you typically have active? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all -

I'm just curious about how many projects you guys typically have? With the GTD concept of "anything that has two or more actions is a project" means that I have the potential to have a lot of projects. I'm just now setting things up. I've done my "clean sweep" and now I'm doing my first processing.

So... just curious. How many projects on average?

Also... Do you have many projects that are not designed to actually end? I.e. Maybe like "Administrative" where you put all your day to day admin type actions in?

Thanks!

I tend to create folders for things that don't have an ending. I feel all projects should have some kind of completion point (that point might be years away, but it should come eventually). Folders, on the other hand, can sit around indefinitely, functioning as an organizational structure for the projects they contain.

As for a count, I have about 35 single-action lists and 180 projects spread across 8 top-level folders and a couple of sub-folders. Of those 180 projects, only about 50 are currently active (not on hold, pending, or stalled).

Only 15 of the 35 single-action lists are active. I like to create a Miscellaneous SAL for each of my folders, plus I have a few others for various lists I like to keep handy (books, films, music, etc).

-Dennis

Thanks Toadling... I didn't even consider additional single action lists. That helps!