The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Managing Movie Rentals Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm just curious how people would approach the tasks renting, watching, and returning movies.

I have a hard due date for when the movie must be returned, but the movie is not available for return until I watch it (or it's due). How would you have omnifocus set up so that once you watch the movie, it is available for return?

You could create an Omni Focus project called Return Movie Rental and put a due date there. Underneath that project you could create a Next Action called, "Watch movie".

In that scenario OF would count them as two things under Due Soon which is not my favorite way to go.

Alternatively you could create a folder called Movie Rentals and create a project for each movie checked out - e.g. Return Movie A, Return Movie B and the next actions could be Watch Movie A and Watch Movie B.

I have a Netflix project within a 20,000 Foot - Areas of Focus folder and use that as a checklist item. Next actions include watching the movie, mail the movie back, browse the Queue, etc.

Probably sounds more complicated that it is in practice.

Mark