The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iCal Sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Dates wrong after sync in iCal Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
We investigated this further, and the correct date is being synchronzied to the Calendar database. Unfortunately, iCal displays the wrong date on 10.5 if you're in a timezone East of London.

Apple is aware of this problem and is looking into fixing it, but I don't know when that fix might appear. In the meantime, the only possible workaround seems to be for us to synchronize dates without times (since the bug only happens when we specify a due time). This means that any other calendar programs reading the database wouldn't get to see the time, but at least iCal would display the correct date.

Hi Ken,

thank you very much for your answer! I hope Apple will fix this soon ;-)

Anyway, OF rocks!!! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
We investigated this further, and the correct date is being synchronzied to the Calendar database. Unfortunately, iCal displays the wrong date on 10.5 if you're in a timezone East of London.

Apple is aware of this problem and is looking into fixing it, but I don't know when that fix might appear. In the meantime, the only possible workaround seems to be for us to synchronize dates without times (since the bug only happens when we specify a due time). This means that any other calendar programs reading the database wouldn't get to see the time, but at least iCal would display the correct date.
Could you try to apply the workaround via a preference (albeit hidden)? This could give some relief to the problem, while not impacting "westerners" users. The problem is very, very annoying and, you know, Apple is know not to be so fast to solve problems... :-(

tx

Same problem. I'm also for that hidden preference option, so we can change the thing ourselves. Since i don't have any time specific items (only date specific) turning the time off would also be good for me.