The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: What is your most important feature request?
Calendar View 19 31.15%
Focus 10 16.39%
Link Contacts 8 13.11%
Multiple Contexts 4 6.56%
Share / Delegate 7 11.48%
Tags 13 21.31%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: OmniFocus iPhone Feature Requests Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
Like Bill, I'm not really interested in any of the items in the survey. Of the ones listed, I'd probably find some sort of time-based view most helpful.

To Bill's list, I'd add remembering the collapse state of groups in context mode perspectives. That would allow my Tickler perspective to open to today's items like on the desktop, rather than having to scroll through the pages of items with start dates in the past.
Oh c'mon, I gotta be able to describe it in five words or less! :mad:

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
To Bill's list, I'd add remembering the collapse state of groups in context mode perspectives. That would allow my Tickler perspective to open to today's items like on the desktop, rather than having to scroll through the pages of items with start dates in the past.
Curt,

I'm told that that's in the works for the 1.1 release of [redacted]. I asked for it there, but completely forgot about it in this context, even though it takes a dozen swipes of the finger to get to the desired spot in some perspectives! Duh. That probably has to be a tie for #1 on my list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by endoftheQ View Post
mmmmhhhh.... I had expected Social Network integration, facebook, twitter, et al to be top of your list. ;)

OK, I too would like everything you've listed, but IMHO the majority of your requests seem, to me, additions to existing features or bug fixes, not brand new features.
Fair enough. I did characterize them as things that annoyed me, not as a list of desired major features that everyone should support!

As for Twitter, at one point I had a lot of stuff on my reading list in OmniFocus that came from Twitter, but now I use Twitterrific's handy Send to Instapaper link and cut OmniFocus out of the process entirely, unless it is something I'll want to read online with Safari and/or a Mac due to images or Flash content I actually want to see. Can I get my social networking integration achievement badge now, please? :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by endoftheQ View Post
Oh c'mon, I gotta be able to describe it in five words or less! :mad:
Heh. :)

Just call it "full support for perspectives" and roll it in with Project mode perspectives.

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post

I'm told that that's in the works for the 1.1 release of [redacted]. I asked for it there, but completely forgot about it in this context, even though it takes a dozen swipes of the finger to get to the desired spot in some perspectives! Duh. That probably has to be a tie for #1 on my list!
I requested that for [redacted] as well. It might have been my first request. Seems like a bit of a design challenge since group by dates is handled differently on Mac OS and iOS. Shouldn't be too hard to solve, but it isn't just a matter of exposing existing bits in the UI.

Curt

Project-mode perspectives are tops for me, since I use some regularly. My Review by Due perspective would be only one example, (still need a Reviewed function). On the desktop I use the Defer script often and avoid the more cumbersome method described above because it alters the time.

Yes, please, project-mode perspectives...
But if address book integration, please, please, please, please, make it optional: I'm still on a 3G so maybe things have mightily changed with newer hardware, but with a substantial address book db, it's pretty much hopeless (and has always been, I'm talking pre-iOS 4 etc.) to get any significant performance out of address book linking. reQall had it on board since its earliest days, and it was just a pain in the neck.

Does the address book linking you speak of look like what happens in the context location editor, or something else? Is it (slowly) slurping data out of the address book db every time you touch the linked contact in the app, or does it just copy a snapshot when you make the link, like the location feature does? I've not noticed any particular slowness in the location editor on my iPod Touch 2G, but it does have a somewhat faster processor than an iPhone 3G, and maybe 800 cards isn't substantial enough to cause problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Does the address book linking you speak of look like what happens in the context location editor, or something else? Is it (slowly) slurping data out of the address book db every time you touch the linked contact in the app, or does it just copy a snapshot when you make the link, like the location feature does? I've not noticed any particular slowness in the location editor on my iPod Touch 2G, but it does have a somewhat faster processor than an iPhone 3G, and maybe 800 cards isn't substantial enough to cause problems.
Contacts in Context location editor!?! [rushes to iPhone to explore yet another feature made available by whpalmer]

I can't say for sure, because I haven't been using it for quite some time now, but if I remember vaguely correctly reQall used to give you an option to import part of all of your contacts list to its own contacts list. When I imported my entire contacts list is when it became hopeless.
I'm at 724 cards, so I'm guessing we're in the same ballpark data-load-wise.

724 cards ? ... 800 cards ? ... do you people not discriminate? I have 1 contact card and that's quite enough, thank you.

Well, there are the parents of all of the kids my son has had in his class for the last few years, 80 or so restaurants, the members of the Bay Area OmniFocus User Group, about 150 people I organize music sessions with, my email correspondents, businesses I regularly patronize, family, people whose birthday or anniversary I want to remember, local emergency preparedness group, etc. Is there somewhere I should be keeping them other than the Address Book? It seemed like a pretty natural fit at the time...