The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Trouble clipping from Firefox [Use bookmarklet] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I select a URL from the Firefox URL window and hit shift+command+c. The Omnifocus add entry pops up with the URL and the title but with two duplicate entries. Bug?

SL

I'm really sorry for the trouble this is causing!

I know the support ninjas have gotten a few reports of clipping problems since Firefox added support for the services menu - I don't think we've had a chance to write a plugin specifically for Firefox since they added support for the services menu: the generic-app-that-supports-services one is likely getting used.

In any case, if folks that encounter this email the support ninjas, they can add votes for that change in the development database. The number of folks requesting a given change is one of the metrics the team uses while planning their work.

Hmmm... Firefox has some applescript support, but my 30-second examination seems to indicate that it's pretty limited. This may pose a problem, since we depend on Applescript to pull more information out of the window you're clipping from.

(Example: you can get the title of a Firefox window, but I can't find a way to get the text of the URL field.)

HI I MAKE LOTS OF POSTS IN SERIES. :-)

The bookmarklet on this page may be a useful workaround - it uses JavaScript instead of AppleScript.

Brain, thank you for your series of replies! :-) You get the URL in the note if you select the URL and then press a hot key for clipping. It just doubles the entries. I will check the bookmarklet that you suggested.

Thanks,
SL

Last edited by sooinlee1; 2010-05-27 at 08:29 PM..

Yay, the bookmarklet works like a charm!

Much thanks,
SL

The service Omnifocus: Send to Inbox works fine from the URL bar in FireFox 4, but when I highlight some text and attempt to use the same service, it fails. Omnifocus gives the error message:
"Unable to paste using type “Apple HTML pasteboard type”.
Invalid destination location"

and then gives a popup labeled "The script handler failed." and a dump of the script or script handler.

The same service works just fine in Safari. How do I get this to work in Firefox. (Other than opening the URL in Safari...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill.Raynor View Post
The service Omnifocus: Send to Inbox works fine from the URL bar in FireFox 4, but when I highlight some text and attempt to use the same service, it fails. Omnifocus gives the error message:
"Unable to paste using type “Apple HTML pasteboard type”.
Invalid destination location"

and then gives a popup labeled "The script handler failed." and a dump of the script or script handler.

The same service works just fine in Safari. How do I get this to work in Firefox. (Other than opening the URL in Safari...)
I'm having the same problem...

Chaz, I'm merging this thread with another one that (I think) covers the problem that you and the original poster were both encountering. Just posting here in the original thread to make sure you get any notifications you're subscribed to. Hope the info in the combined thread helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Chaz, I'm merging this thread with another one that (I think) covers the problem that you and the original poster were both encountering. Just posting here in the original thread to make sure you get any notifications you're subscribed to. Hope the info in the combined thread helps!
Brian, I can't find this new thread... I'm having exactly the same problem and would love to solve it.

The bookmarklet appears to send a URL, but how can one clip text?

Thanks,
EW