The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Resizing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am new to OmniWeb and like what I see so far, however I am having trouble finding a way to preserve window size between application quitting and then reloading. Every time I reload the window is smaller than what I resized previously.

I have a very clunky workaround in an AppleScript but I was wondering if there was a native solution.

Thanks.

From the Window menu, "Save Window Size" near the bottom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjordstorm View Post
I am new to OmniWeb and like what I see so far, however I am having trouble finding a way to preserve window size between application quitting and then reloading. Every time I reload the window is smaller than what I resized previously.

I have a very clunky workaround in an AppleScript but I was wondering if there was a native solution.

Thanks.
Are you using workspace saving? If you don't, the window always returns to a default size unless you save it as the previous poster mentioned. I've never had any issues with windows resizing themselves when I'm saving my workspace. If you go into Workspace > Show Work Spaces and click the little "Auto-save while browsing" box, it will retain your tabs and window size. If you only use one workspace, this is identical to session saving in other browsers.

Thanks very much to the 2 above posters. I looked through the preferences and did a pretty good search of the help system but never came across this. I would have never thought to look in the Window menu, although at this point it seems as though it should have been pretty obvious (I still think it should be a preference though).

Thanks, liking the web browser a little more now.

You will come to like it ALOT more after a short period of usage ;-) check out 'site preferences' key shortcut 'command+option+,'