The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Adding new perspectives Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
After two days of getting to grips with OF iPhone I am absolutely delighted and satisfied with the implementation of the software on my iPod Touch. Unlike others, I seem to have no problems with synchronisation other than an occasional slowness, but then I am using MobileMe. My only real gripe is that the app takes what seems to be a long time to load on the Touch.

I thought I would create a new perspective and noted a helpful "+" button at the bottom of the home screen. But it does nothing, as far as I can see. Is it possible that it isn't possible to create additional perspectives?

I can understand that custom perspectives are not transferred from the desktop version, but it would be useful to have the facility to create new ones on the phone version. Am I missing something?

Your not missing anything. The + works to add new projects, folders, and tasks, but only becomes active when you tree down into one of the smart folders, (i.e. "Perspectives"). I don't think Omni has said anything yet about whether they may ultimately introduce user-configurable smart folders.