The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Enter key changed in 1.1? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I did a quick search for other topics on this, so I'm sorry if I missed something.
In OmniFocus 1.0, pressing the Enter key (⌅) while focused on an action would toggle between its notes field and the field that you were currently editing. This doesn't seem to be the case in 1.1, though--has it been changed?

There's a note about this in the July 10 release notes:

Quote:
The Enter key now saves edits rather than editing notes. You can still edit notes using Command-', but if you prefer using the Enter key you can set the OOShouldEditNotesOnEnterKey preference to true using this command:
Quote:
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniFocus OOShouldEditNotesOnEnterKey -bool true
If you'd like to start weaning yourself away from using the Escape key to save edits, try this:
Quote:
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniFocus OOShouldToggleEditingWithEscapeKey -bool false

I must have missed those notes; I guess I was a little excited over syncing on Thursday and glossed over them.

It makes sense, though: I have been finding myself using escape to save edits in other apps, only to have the changes cancel! I'll just work on the habit, then. Thanks!