The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Setting up calendar alerts in OmniFocus for iPhone [Retired: use local notifications] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Ajay556, I'm unsure if the Calendar application is one of the apps that Apple allows to run in the background, so launching it from time to time to make sure it updates your calendar from the server is probably a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay556 View Post
Then suddenly the reminders popup. And then only i get the reminders.
Can you explain in a bit more detail what you're seeing? I'm not really sure what you're describing. Sorry.

ajay556,

If you go to Home screen → Settings → Mail, Contacts, Calendar → Fetch New Data, what is your setting for the fetch schedule? Because OF is just creating a calendar file on your iDisk or other WebDAV server, I don't think the push setting applies. I think you have to set up a Fetch frequency other than "Manually" for the alerts to update.

Curt

Thanks curt. Brian the issue is that under mail, contacts, calender settings my "Fetch New Data" was set to manual. So calender reminders are not updated, untill i open the calender app. But it works if i set the "Fetch New Data" to a specific update cycle.

Is it possible to have the alert time be `All Day' on iCal?

Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmurray View Post
Is it possible to have the alert time be `All Day' on iCal?

Michael
How would you see this working? Isn't the idea of having 'All Day' events because they only appear on a specific day, rather than a specific day and a specific time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post
How would you see this working? Isn't the idea of having 'All Day' events because they only appear on a specific day, rather than a specific day and a specific time?
I'm thinking about things like `Pay Mastercard 2/11/2009' I don't need to pay it at a certain time -- just on that day. In iCal the All-Day events appear at the top of the window so I use them as `Any Time Today' event's.

So I guess ideally there would be an option in OF for not selecting a due time but just selecting All Day. Not quite sure what that would do in OF.

Michael

Without trying to sound flippant-I'm seriously curious-isn't managing tasks such as this exactly why one would want to use OmniFocus in the first place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post
Without trying to sound flippant-I'm seriously curious-isn't managing tasks such as this exactly why one would want to use OmniFocus in the first place?
Sure but the idea of the calendar alerts is, I guess, so you can see the OF alerts in iCal. For some of these mapping to a specific time doesn't make a lot of sense for me.

Michael

I've solved my problem, now I'm able to see my omnifocus calendar

I've switched off the exchange sync, now I'm syncing to my google calendar via caldav.
and now I've also been able to subscribe to the omnifocus calendar on my swiss account. it seems that with exchange sync on, you cannot subscribes to other kind of calendar

hope this helps

davide

Last edited by eriksatie; 2009-08-02 at 02:32 PM.. Reason: forgotten first line!

Hi there - I've posted in another thread that Exchange seems to break the DueSoon.ics sync. Details in my other post here...

--UPDATE--
I've updated that post - seems to be working, even with Exchange back on...

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showpost...9&postcount=23

Cheers

Last edited by uof; 2009-08-03 at 01:57 PM.. Reason: Update