The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

different OF files open at once Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I noticed that more than one OF file can be open at once (happened to me by double-clicking some of the backup files without closing the current window). I also was pleased to see that I could drag and drop tasks from one file to another.

It occurs to me that my Someday/Maybe list (which I now have as big folder of on-hold projects at the bottom of my OF project list) could be stored in a separate OF file. That would keep it well out of the way during the week, but accessible for easy migrations at a weekly review.

Would I be asking for trouble by doing this? Thoughts?

I'm hoping that OF will work something like HogBay's Mori in that its usual mode is to be operated as one file for everything, but that confident users are supported in using multiple files if they so wish.