The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Repeatedly mark topmost project as reviewed (keybard shortcut?) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
(also submitted as formal feedback)

I have a minor annoyance in my review workflow: I have my Review
perspective set to list projects in Next Review order, and want to
repeatedly mark the topmost project as reviewed. Currently, I have to
select every project using the mouse (or do I?), because "Mark Reviewed" nixes the selection. This is tedious when having lots of projects.

Could "Mark Reviewed" automatically select the next unreviewed project?
Alternatively, could you introduce a keyboard shortcut to select the
topmost project?

If you Mark Reviewed (Cmd-Shift-R), then press down arrow, the selection starts at the top of the window. I group my project review perspective by review date. So I use down arrow twice, mark reviewed, repeat.

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
If you Mark Reviewed (Cmd-Shift-R), then press down arrow, the selection starts at the top of the window. I group my project review perspective by review date. So I use down arrow twice, mark reviewed, repeat.
How interesting. I don't get that behavior at all! My project review perspective is Active projects, Grouped by Next Review date, unsorted, remaining actions, any duration, any flag state. If I select the top project in the RH pane and do cmd-shift-R or Edit->Mark Reviewed or click the toolbar button, then press down arrow, the selection simply moves to the first action in the project I just marked reviewed (and jumps the window to that point). I don't see any preferences setting that would seem to have any obvious connection here...

Interesting. I have the same perspective settings.

Here's a possibility: I have all groups except Review Today collapsed. I wonder if the selection only moves with the project when the project lands in an expanded group.

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
Interesting. I have the same perspective settings.

Here's a possibility: I have all groups except Review Today collapsed. I wonder if the selection only moves with the project when the project lands in an expanded group.
Indeed, that seems to be the secret. I guess I'll be updating that perspective!

Thanks for this info, Curt – I was having the same issue. Major annoyance resolved!