The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Settings from a Xxxxxxx mode perspective Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Could someone please explain how the options to use "Settings from a Project mode perspective:" in a context perspective and vice versa work? What would a person use them for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhm View Post
Could someone please explain how the options to use "Settings from a Project mode perspective:" in a context perspective and vice versa work? What would a person use them for?
They allow you to link to a perspective that is in project view by pressing command+1 (project) or command+2 (context). Otherwise it will just go back and forth between whatever view you had last in each view.

It is helpful for when you have things that are similar and know you always want to see a certain context of projects when you select one or the other.

I use it a lot for actions when I am at a location that I work on a project and then in context view I have highlighted all the categories that would also be part of that project but aren't necessarily in that project.

Hopefully that wasn't too confusing.