The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

various issues Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello: I've just started using OW. Mac PPC, fast enough, > 1GHz.
-I want to close the tab sidebar even if I have several tabs open. Can I do that?
-In registering for this forum, and in trying to use BBC's iPlayer, I could not do so. Flash is required to see the "secret word" images to complete the reg. But I do not see the options where I could enable flash images. So i had to use Safari to register for this Omni forum. Not a good sign.
-How about being able to use BBC's iPlayer? Granted, the newest iPlayer uses a non PPC flash player, but many BBC sites are holding on to the older version. BBC iPlayer still works on those, with Camino. So how can I get OW to stream from those same sites?
-Is OW compatible with any flash at all?
Thanks.

You can hide the tab sidebar any time you want.

Sounds like you don't have Flash installed at all at least for OW. It is compatible.

Um, thanks, I think...would you or anyone kindly specify what keyboard or menu commands close/reopen the tab window (when there are multiple tabs)? I did not see how to do so in "help". Same with Flash (which has to be an outdated version, I think 10.1 is the last PPC compatible -

Also, is there a googlebar or google toolbar for OW?

thanks.

Don't know of a keyboard command, but clicking on the Tabs icon in the toolbar (leftmost in the default set) will open or close it. You can also close it with the mouse using the little grabbing doodad half way down the height of the window.

No PPC machines handy to try out your flash issues, sorry.

To show/hide the Tab Sidebar:
Option-Command-T is the Keyboard shortcut.
View > Hide Tabs is the Menu location.
The "Tabs" icon is on the Default Toolbar.

To search Google you can type "google <search query>" into the Location Bar. Or you can modify it / create your own search Shortcut (in OmniWeb > Preferences > Shortcut Preferences).

http://www.omnigroup.com/documentati...Shortcuts.html

I have my Google search simply set to "g <search terms>". YouTube searches are "v <search terms>". Google Maps search "map <search terms>". Etc etc ad infinitum.

* Almost any site that has a search box can have a search created for it: just look for the Magnifying Glass and Plus sign at the bottom of the OW screen and click on that for the quickest method.