The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Due Soon not making sense Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Here's another thing in the iPhone OF app that isn't making complete sense.

I need to pick up produce from our local farm every Thursday from between 5 and 8. So I create a repeating task in my Errands context called "Pick Up Produce". I set the start time to Thursday @ 5pm and my due time to Thursday @ 8pm. So far, so good.

Now here's where the weirdness sets in: If I look at my contexts screen I see an orange (1) next to Errands, indicating I have a task due soon in my Errands context. Tapping on Errands though shows no tasks, since my "Pick Up Produce" task hasn't started yet, and as such is unavailable.

I have my Contexts setting to show Available, as I only want to see what tasks I can actually work on.

I would expect that the "Due Soon" functionality for a Context would take into account the Start Date/Time and not treat this task as being "Due Soon" until the start time has occurred.

Thoughts?

Last edited by patgallant; 2009-10-22 at 11:47 AM..

I agree. As you've described it, this sounds like a bug to me. But maybe someone else can provide some valid reason for this behavior.

-Dennis

That sounds like a bug to me, too. Please make sure our support ninjas know about it by sending email to omnifocus@omnigroup.com.

Thanks!

I believe this is the same bug that has been reported before, at least back to July, if not earlier. Here is one thread that also describes the issue. In my case this morning, I have (2) items showing under 'Due Soon' in the Home screen and a badge count of (2). However, clicking on Contexts from the Home screen shows a total of (4) items due soon as two of the four will not be available until later today. Setting the Context preference to Remaining will display everything, but I find setting the preference to Available to be much more useful on the iPhone.

Folks will be happy to know that the bug in question was fixed internally on Oct 8 - the fix will go out in our next release.

I don't have info on when the release will go out beyond "soon", but I figured folks would prefer partial info to none, since the news was good. :-)