The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How: Publish due reminders as a calendar? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

How to access my Omni account in the iCalDAV format so that my due reminders from OF appear in iCal?

In Google calendars, one has to add other calendars by adding the URL, which I don't have:
”If you know the address to a calendar (in iCal format), you can type in the address here.
[ ] Make the calendar publicly accessible?”

So now if someone could drop in,

with best regards,
Omar K N
(Stockholm, Sweden)

Hi Omar,
(There might be shorter way, but this works for me...)
You can publish a calendar from OmniFocus. On the Sync tab of Preferences, tick the box for
[ ]Publish Due reminders as a calendar.
Then if you tap the "Subscribe in iCal" button next to it, you'll get the calendar in Calendar app.
Once you've subscribed to the calendar in Calendar app, right-click it and choose "Get Info". This should be the URL you need.

However, if you're specifically planning to subscribe from Google, last I checked, Google's calendar system could not subscribe to a calendar that requires a password. If you're syncing with Omni Sync Server, the calendar will be password-protected (just like your OmniFocus data), so Google probably won't be able to access it.

Hi Omar,
(There might be shorter way, but this works for me...)
You can publish a calendar from OmniFocus. On the Sync tab of Preferences, tick the box for
[ ]Publish Due reminders as a calendar.
Then if you tap the "Subscribe in iCal" button next to it, you'll get the calendar in Calendar app.
Once you've subscribed to the calendar in Calendar app, right-click it and choose "Get Info". This should be the URL you need.

However, if you're specifically planning to subscribe from Google, last I checked, Google's calendar system could not subscribe to a calendar that requires a password. If you're syncing with Omni Sync Server, the calendar will be password-protected (just like your OmniFocus data), so Google probably won't be able to access it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
Hi Omar,
This is ok,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
There are, however, several calendars in my iCal.
And I don't know - if I want to add a new iCal account, it has to be my Omni account - or not,
- is account type Exchange?!

I do have an account at omni:
https://sync.omnigroup.com/MYNAME

BUT THIS cannot be used,
In Calendar CMD-i only shows my gmail address, not an url?!

Sorry -

/ Omar KN

Last edited by OmarKN; 2013-04-23 at 06:02 AM..

Sorry, I wrote this from memory as I don't have 10.7 at hand, and this feature is not available in 10.8. Perhaps someone else can chime in with more detailed answers to your queries.