The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

A new page size Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This is a minor annoyance, but when OG creates a new page, it's an odd and small size instead of opening to the screen area. This means that every time I start a new project, I have to manually drag the size to larger area to get started. Is there any way to override the default?

I'm with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logik View Post
This is a minor annoyance, but when OG creates a new page, it's an odd and small size instead of opening to the screen area. This means that every time I start a new project, I have to manually drag the size to larger area to get started. Is there any way to override the default?
If I understand your question correctly. You would like to have the starting document/template be a specific size. To achieve this you need to create a custom template and save it to have it available when OmniGraffle opens through the template chooser.

Select from the menu bar in OmniGraffle.
File > New Resource > New Template

Adjust the settings of the template anyway you choose. Save the template in the default location.

For me running Mac OS X 10.8.3 this location is ~/Library/Application Support/The Omni Group/OmniGraffle/Templates

The template will now show up under Miscellaneous in the template chooser when creating a new document. You can even set your template as the default template within the template chooser.