The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

tasks with full months duration? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

I am trailing OmniPlan and have been trying to find the answer to this to no avail - hope you can help :).

I would like to specify task lengths in full months. When I do that (in the effort column), and switch the header to months, tasks end earlier than the end of the month they should end in. Of course I can adjust the task length to end at the end of the month, but then the effort is no longer right.

On a related note, is it possible to have month count instead of T, T+1 etc in the header? I would like 1, 2, 3 etc.

Thanks!

Cheers /Christian

Hi there Christian,

second question is easy: simply do a right click on the header, set the column header to Month, right-click again, select the Customize Headers... and customize as you like.

Can't say anything on your first question, though...

Cheers
Stevie

Sorry for the confusion, Christian!

By default, OmniPlan interprets "1 month" as "4 weeks" - each week is five days long, each day is 8 hours of effort. The term isn't intended to correspond exactly to calendar months, in other words. (If different values would work better for your projects, the multipliers are all adjustable in the "Unit Conversions" tab of the Project inspector.)

You'll probably want to use "X days" if you want the task starts/ends exactly match particular calendar months, though. Hope this helps!