The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Not able to view a page due to certificate errors Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi Guys,

I'm not able to view this page using OW 5.5.4 and 5.6:

https://trac.lal.in2p3.fr/LCGQWG/

When i open the page in OW, I get an pop-up dialogue telling me, that the certificate of this server could not be verified. Ok, no problem. Lets click continue and enter the site. But that doesn't work. Every time I hit continue it opens the same pop-up window over and over again...

What can I do?

Cheers,

Jan

I was experiencing similar issues and changed the preferences in Keychain. Go to: Keychain access > Preferences > Certificates (tab) and try changing the OSCP and CRL settings. With "best attempt" selected, I don't seem to have issues any longer.

HTH.

Hi,

thanks for your fast response!
Unfortunatly the change of key chain settings doesn't help in my case. OmniWeb is constantly displaying its pop-up window unless i press cancel.

Other suggestions?

Cheers,

Jan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggar
Hi,

thanks for your fast response!
Unfortunatly the change of key chain settings doesn't help in my case. OmniWeb is constantly displaying its pop-up window unless i press cancel.

Other suggestions?

Cheers,

Jan
Same here with current "sneaky peek". Interesting since I visit couple of closed beta sites with Omniweb and they always have self signed or expired certificates and when I click "continue" , they all work flawlessly.

Seen that only on that specific site.

I checked with Safari (non beta, 2.x current) and a very interesting error appeared when I click "Continue" (aka ignore)

"Safari can’t open the page.
Safari can’t open the page “https://trac.lal.in2p3.fr/LCGQWG/”. The error was: “client certificate rejected” (NSURLErrorDomain:-1205) Please choose Report Bug to Apple from the Safari menu, note the error number, and describe what you did before you saw this message."

Perhaps you should report it as a Safari bug?

Last edited by Ilgaz; 2007-07-21 at 04:00 AM..