The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Can't "Check for Changes" on Imported Bookmarks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm new to using OmniWeb so I don't know if this is a bug or just the way it is. I just installed OmniWeb and Imported all my Bookmarks from Internet Explorer. In the Bookmarks Info window the "check for changes" is not highlighted for my imported bookmarks, but for all the pre-installed Bookmarks it lights up and I can set different checking preferences. What's up?
I have been using Internet Explorer for years even though Mac hasn't supported it for quite some time. I have thousands or bookmarks and I NEED it to be able to check for updates. With the update to OS 10.5 Explorer has finally just gotten to glitchy. So I'm trying several different browsers. I like OmniWeb the best and I'd buy it in a second if I can get this feature to work with ALL bookmarks. But if it doesn't work with imported bookmarks, that would be a deal breaker.

Thanks! Brian
Mac PowerPC G5 Dual 1.8GHz
1.25 GB DDR SDRAM
OS 10.5

I believe it is because it isn't importing them - it is just displaying them from the IE bookmarks file. IIRC, you should be able to drag and drop them from the "IE" folder into e.g. a new folder in the OW bookmarks and have them import as proper bookmarks, but it has been some time since I did this so I could be wrong.

Yes, that's right: we can't store our change tracking information in IE's bookmarks, but if you drag all of those IE bookmarks into your Personal Bookmarks you'll be able to check them for changes there.