The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOLVED: Unable to lock document Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Omni Response:

DannyG, could you try something? Quit OmniFocus and go find where your OmniFocus file is stored on your computer (usually in Users/[your user name]/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus). Right next to it there's probably another file named OmniFocus.ofocus.lock. Delete that file and then launch OmniFocus. Does the error message still occur?
Original User Question:

Every day I start my computer I get the "unable to lock document" message with an "override lock" option. I always select with no apparent adverse effects and go on with my business. My the message and extra step is annoying. I only have one copy of Omnifocus on the computer. The only thing I can think of is that when I close the computer down at night, I don't close OF first, I just let the computer do it. Maybe this has something to do with it but it seems like a bug to me and needs to be addressed.

Last edited by xmas; 2008-07-29 at 01:11 PM.. Reason: add omni response

I shut down the same way and don't see the problem. If you quit OF and restart it, do you still see the lock message? If that makes the error go away, maybe the error will stay away when you switch back to using Shut Down to turn off you Mac.

Also, this does seem like a bug. Be sure to report it using Help --> Send Feedback.

Curt

FWIW, I don't think I've ever seen this behvior on my system, regardless of how I shut down or quit the app. Maybe that's not of much help, but at least it tells us that there must be some other factors involved.

-Dennis

DannyG, could you try something? Quit OmniFocus and go find where your OmniFocus file is stored on your computer (usually in Users/[your user name]/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus). Right next to it there's probably another file named OmniFocus.ofocus.lock. Delete that file and then launch OmniFocus. Does the error message still occur?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
I was having this problem this morning, and after I threw that "lock" file away, the problem was resolved. My thanks to DannyG for starting this thread and to Lizard for helping me resolve it.