The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Major OF Failure Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Posting this as a warning to other users: I lost hours of work today when OF decided, on it's own, to somehow revert to an earlier state. After my weekly review, syncing to devices and rebooting the computer, everything I had done was gone - hours of work, disappeared.

The OF backups from this afternoon do not reflect ANY of the changes I had made, so apparently are useless.

The Time Machine backups from the same period do not reflect ANY of those changes either.

So somehow OF decided to run in memory and completely failed to write my entire weekly review out to disk.

I'm ROYALLY pissed that I have to spend my Sunday night doing the review OVER again because the software has a major bug in it.

I'd give the support ninjas a call in the morning and see if they can find some clues as to what happened. OmniFocus writes to the disk so often that it is difficult to imagine how it could have stopped doing so for an afternoon without showing other signs of distress. There's absolutely no possibility that you were operating on a backup file instead of your main database? That would produce the same observed behavior...

If you do have cause to send out another warning in the future, it would be helpful to know exactly which version you're running!