The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

How do I find my lost new 1.1 document? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
A few hours ago I successfully (or so it seemed) downloaded 1.1 and my new reconfigured document opened. I made some changes, completed some tasks, etc.. then shut down my computer. Now that I am back on my computer a few hours later, I can't seem to find the new document. I can't open the OF icon that appears on my doc and the following message appears:

"Unable to read document
No root transactions found in '/Users/jt/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus/OmniFocus.ofocus'. "

A search of my computer renders two OF folders in my Applications folder and trying to open those also seems to cause this same message.

Thus I don't seem to be able to open the new 1.1 document or the old pre 1.1 document.

How do I find and get to open one of the documents - preferably the 1.1 so I can set up syncing - but at this point I'd like to access my actions even in the old format!

Edit: Now a second OF folder has opened in my dock called OmniFocus 77.1.4.0.98233 - I get the same above message when I try to open that too.

I also finally managed to open an old OF from my "Recent Documents" and it seems to be my most recent file, prior to the 1.1 file created earlier today - however it seems to be OF 1.02 although I had downloaded 1.03 a few weeks ago when that became available. I am wondering if I never properly installed 1.03 either and have been still using 1.02 all this time - although I thought changes / improvements came when I downloaded 1.03 .

Any insights would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks.

Last edited by jt32; 2008-07-12 at 05:58 PM.. Reason: To add more information

It looks like you're running OmniFocus 1.0.2: it was confused by the new 1.1 file format, and reported that message. If you can't find OmniFocus 1.1 in your application or downloads folders, you can always download it again from the sneaky peek page.

Hope this helps!

Thanks. You are right that I was running 1.02 - in reading the release notes that must have been what I installed a few weeks ago as obviously 1.03 is new. This time I updated to 1.03 before I installed 1.1. That way 1.1 did not disappear when I tried to place it into the Applications folder as it had been doing before.

I too seem to have to open a "new file" now as others have reported instead of being able to open my file from the doc - not a big deal and I'm sure this will be fixed eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt32 View Post
I too seem to have to open a "new file" now as others have reported instead of being able to open my file from the doc - not a big deal and I'm sure this will be fixed eventually.
This is fixed in r102795, which should be posted soon.