The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

@ Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm sorry about this, I really am. I guess I'm a small person... but the @ button drives me crazy. It looks like someone erased half the tail, but why oh Omnilords?

Every time I look at Omnifocus, I think to myself "what the hell happened to the tail?". Did/does anyone else feel this way, and if so, does it pass with time? To me it doesn't look like a style, it looks like a graphical error (thought it was, when I saw Ethan's demo).

It is testament to how functionally fantastic this piece of software is, that the @ tail is my only complaint. Otherwise, beautiful. Sorry for being petty!

Yeah, that bugs me too. I actually opened the Character Palette and looked at all the @ glyphs. Every one on my PB has the loop passing back under the 'a'. I'm particularly fond of the @ glyph in Baskerville SemiBold Italic. Onyx Regular also has a nice @ glyph.

Frankly, I could do without the @ altogether in the Context View sidebar. Of my 23 contexts, only 5 or 6 are places that I can be "at". I don't have a suggestion for the toolbar button that switches to Context View though. Heh, maybe the Project View button could be a big pile of dirt and the Context View button could be a shovel. :-)

I don't have as much a problem with the length of the monkeys tail, although it does look odd I have to admit, but I'd love to switch the position of the project view and context view.

It's just stuck at a particular state of evolution...

Yes, we did in fact get the idea on wikipedia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/At_symbol

I like it, but not everyone at Omni agrees. It still isn't finalized and there is a good chance it will change.