The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Form > Submit > Go back -> wrong data Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
it may be a little complicated to replicate.

1. fill in the Aperture feedback form.
2. submit.
3. go back.
4. switch workspaces.
5. switch back.
-> the data in the form is gone. if it's not gone, try reloading the workspace.

6. refill the form (I used a special Auto-fill set and the Autofill command).
7. submit a new bug.
8. go back.
-> the data in the form is from a previous submission; not the current one.

a little more...

it might have to do with the way I'm using the Aperture feedback form. for each new feedback, I option-drag the last feedback tab to create a new tab. I then fill in the data and submit, and then press Go Back.

it's possible that the data I see when I go back is the data from the duplicated tab. for some reason, OW is not overwriting the original tab's form data when I submit the form.

I am currently looking at the bug where form data is not being saved correctly in history. I think you will find that if you minimize and then unminimize the window before submitting the form that it should keep the values at that time (that's as far as I've gotten in tracking down the issue).

I was just writing a post and had to quit OW to test something, and I found that when it reloaded only some of the text I'd typed was there. It was a long post, so it took some time to write. OW seemed to remember about the first half of what I'd written. Fortunately I'd copied it to a file before quitting.

didn't work.

I filled in the form, clicked the Yellow button to shrink to the dock, selected the window again from the Window menu to re-open the window, then clicked Submit.

after submitting and going Back, the form data was again not the data I had just submitted.

(horrible thought: what if OW sent this old/bad data instead of the data I had just entered? what a waste of time!!)

incidentally, when I option-drag the last Aperture Feedback tab to create a new one, OW reloads the form from scratch and does *not* leave the field values intact. I have to manually click the Auto-Fill button to fill in the form again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregory
didn't work.

I filled in the form, clicked the Yellow button to shrink to the dock, selected the window again from the Window menu to re-open the window, then clicked Submit.

after submitting and going Back, the form data was again not the data I had just submitted.
I'm sorry that my workaround didn't work--in my limited testing it was working, but I wasn't dealing with the same form you are.
Quote:
(horrible thought: what if OW sent this old/bad data instead of the data I had just entered? what a waste of time!!)
I am fairly certain that webkit does send the current values, not the old--webkit just isn't setting the value correctly when the history item already has form values in it for some reason. None of our code is involved in this process--merely in the creating of the history items in the first place.
Quote:
incidentally, when I option-drag the last Aperture Feedback tab to create a new one, OW reloads the form from scratch and does *not* leave the field values intact. I have to manually click the Auto-Fill button to fill in the form again.
This is because webkit does not restore form values from a history item when reloading which happens because the code for copying a tab uses the same code path as that for loading a workspace and people were complaining when loading a workspace didn't reload the current pages.