The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What software did you use to make the quick start Presentation Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi Guys,

Looks like a great product!!

I was wondering what software you used for you quickstart presentation with the video and the screen capture. I have been looking for something that would do video, audio and presentation well.

Cheers,

Heckman

Ethan's at macworld, so I'm mercilessly plagarizing him:

Here's how I make screencasts in a nutshell. There are four basic types of content on my videos:

1. The live "talking head" intro videos: I shoot this on whatever camcorder seems to be laying around.

2. The screen recordings: I use a combination of
- SnapzProX
- iShowU
- Screencast
Each has different advantages and you could easily get by with just one of the three. I'm obsessive so use all of them.

3. The on screen "extras" like spotlight effects, etc. For these I use, mostly, OmniDazzle (spotlight, spotlight on a single element, on-screen drawing and notes).

4. I record audio separately in Audio Hijack Pro.

5. I cut the video in Final Cut Express and then output at appropriate sizes.