The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

"Red bubble" task count on OmniFocus app icon Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
How about a preference to disable the "red bubble" count of tasks due soon that appears on the OmniFocus app icon? My reasoning is this:

I try hard to keep my stress level to a minimum. This doesn't come easy, because I have tendencies to try to multitask, worry about things frequently and constantly try to figure out if I "should" be doing something else. (These are all reasons I use OF -- to help reduce this stress.)

It is hard enough for me to "unplug" and not stress about my to-do list without seeing a little red bubble saying "HEY! YOU HAVE THREE TASKS DUE SOON!" every time I look at my phone. :-)

I'll find out how many tasks are "due soon" next time I load OF, which I do a dozen times a day. You don't need to also remind me whenever I'm navigating my iPhone to load Super Monkey Ball.

A preference would be good but in the meantime you could just pit it on a screen by itself.

BZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwanaZulia View Post
A preference would be good but in the meantime you could just pit it on a screen by itself.

BZ
I could -- that's actually what I did with my Mail app for the same reason -- but I'd prefer to have OF in the grey bar at the bottom, which is present on every screen. I use it that much. :-)