The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quick Entry conflicts w/QuicKeys? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just started using QuicKeys (4.0.2). Whenever OmniFocus is running, QuicKeys hangs for up to a minute when trying to start or stop a recording. I can duplicate this on multiple machines.

I assume that OmniFocus has something similar to an InputManager to capture the shortcut keystroke, but I can't find it. It could be a bug in QK, not OF, but does anyone have more info?

Downgrade to QK 3.2.3. It has no problems with OF. QK4 apparently has numerous problems with other apps.

PCF

Quote:
Originally Posted by popcornflix View Post
QK4 apparently has numerous problems with other apps.
We work pretty hard to keep QuicKeys as friendly as possible with other applications on a user's system, but we do occasionally run afoul with an app here and there. When that happens, we simply need to be told about it so we can identify the issue and correct it.

The issue Jay is seeing is that OmniFocus is slow to answer Accessibility requests for items the top level application accessibility object doesn't implement. I'm pretty sure I've identified a work-around and if it passes internal testing, it'll likely be fixed in the next release.

If any of the Omni guys/gals read this, please feel free to shoot me an email and I'll be happy to show you what I've found.

Jim

Jim, that's great news!

FWIW, I'm using QuicKeys 4 with about 15 other apps that should step all over it, and this is the only conflict I've seen. You'll never get me to downgrade.