The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Noob Question: Hiding Active Projects Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Situation: I have a project set up called Weekly Review. It starts on Sunday night, and when completed it automagically re-ocurrs a week later next Sunday.

Question: Do I have to always see this project in my Library binder or is there a way I can hide it and have it just show up on Sunday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wm_j_ray View Post
Situation: I have a project set up called Weekly Review. It starts on Sunday night, and when completed it automagically re-ocurrs a week later next Sunday.

Question: Do I have to always see this project in my Library binder or is there a way I can hide it and have it just show up on Sunday?
This depends on many factors.

The simple answer is no the project does not need to be visible in your library.
  1. Add a start date to the project itself. This is done in the inspector (shift-command-i)
  2. Change the view settings (shift-command-v) for the project filter (far left-hand side of toolbar) to "Active"

The addition of a start date signifies the project as not active prior to said start date and the adjustment of the view settings will hide the project as it is not currently active. Once the start date arrives the project status is changes to being available and is considered an active project and will now become viewable. The caveat in adjusting these settings is they affect all projects and could have undesired results.

When considering questions like this, I have learned to plan from the project mode and to work from the context mode. In planning I want to see everything, but when working I want to see a subset of my total tasks. I would suggest looking into using custom perspectives in context mode to achieve this type of hiding of a project's tasks. Context mode offers more control with the view settings than you will get from the project mode.