The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Line connections to other lines Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello all,

I've had some trouble with a certain kind of diagram I maintain for my department; so far the solution I use is OK, but it isn't 100% reliable nor quick.

Attached is an image of the diagram I'm talking about - it shows the different networks and control units in an automobile. This is a useful diagnostic tool for the dealership technicians.

The trouble comes in connecting some shapes to lines which are connected to other shapes. Using an orthogonal line gets me close for most of the time, but there are always one or two that I can't quite get the lines to overlap perfectly, no matter what I do. If you look at the attachment, the 'Electronic Parking Brake' shows the issue perfectly.

I suppose a possible solution would be to create an invisible shape and position it so that it appears to connect to the line, however there just has to be a better way.

Thanks in advance for any ideas you can give me!

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-9-20_Porsche_Network_Topology.jpg
Views:	432
Size:	195.2 KB
ID:	2914