The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Beach Ball Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I am trying to do anything on Omniweb I get the beach ball. Even if I am scrolling down a page it locks and I get the beach ball. Usually I have to force quit and it states Omniweb not responding. Even to try to close Omniweb I usually have to force quit the page. Any suggestions. This does not happen in Safari.

There are two obvious possibilities. The first and easiest is to try is to clear your History.

The second is that you are suffering from the notorious OmniWeb 5.5.x Javascript garbage collection bug (which is more likely to occur the longer you have been browsing and the more sites you have visited, especially any that utilise JS to a great extent). The only cure to this bug is OmniWeb 5.6 once it arrives as the problem lies in the version of WebKit that 5.5.x is based upon. The temporary solution is to quit OmniWeb.

However, before doing any of that, it will help OmniGroup diagnose your problem if you perform a sample on the OmniWeb process (use Activity Monitor which is in the /Applicaitons/Utilities folder, select the OmniWeb process in the listing and choose to Sample it from one of the menus, I forget which). Send them the sample (preferably using the Send Feedback option from the OmniWeb help menu) with a description of what you were doing at the time the beachball occurred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT
There are two obvious possibilities. The first and easiest is to try is to clear your History.
In my experience the history seems to get corrupted quite often in OW 5.5.x.

Is there any time line on 5.6 (betas)?