The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

'Postponing' Repeating items? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

I'm trying to migrate from Remember the Milk into Omnifocus and I'm not sure how to replicate something: postponing tasks.

Here's the setup: I have a project that repeats every day with a series of actions to perform. Like this:

-Before Going to Sleep (project)

--Lock door (action)

--Write in journal (action)

The project is set to start daily after 8:30PM

But what happens when I miss one of the actions? This morning 'lock door' is on my list. How to I 'postpone' so that it disapears until 8:30 tonight?

We've got a feature request open on the ability to have repeating actions 'catch up' with the current date/time, but for the time being, I just tap those actions complete until they catch up.

The other option is to manually update the start/due times, of course.

In any case, I'll attach your forum post to that feature request, so the rest of the team knows you'd like to see this added in the future. Thanks!

Thanks. If I can just add a quick comment about why I think this is important even though you can tap the complete button to get the 'right' result.

I really try to keep the complete button sacrosanct. If you tap the complete button when something hasn't been really, truly completed it's a bad habit, and gets too easy to cheat on actions that are only half-complete.

Thanks for your hard work.