The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniFocus and 20,000ft+ levels of GTD? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
David Allen actually states in "Making it all work" that one of the *major* flaws of most GTD software implementations was that they only help you get into the 'micro manager' quadrant of his matrix - people were only implementing the runway and 10,000ft level of GTD and this was a recipe for disaster long term.

I am coming from using php-gtd which is a *almost perfect* and *complete* implementation of GTD. I have switched to OF mainly due to the desktop client and iPhone client sync (php-gtd is only web based).

While I find OmniFocus great at managing 10,000ft and runway levels of GTD, I am having trouble understanding how people manage their 20,000ft and upwards areas of GTD?

Can anyone share their experiences and how (if?) they dealt with it?

Is it even possible to do this properly in OF? Or is it necessary to use something else to fully implement GTD while keeping OF only for runway and 10,000ft?