The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

sequential/parallel project icon - is it just me? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This is a UI problem I have - I still find it hard for me to grasp instantly the state of a project, sequential or parallel. It looks like the Parallel mode is a kind of default, since the Sequential icon is always visible, but the Parallel icon is only visible on mouseover.

My UI disconnect is when I mouse over a project to reveal the Parallel icon, it feels to me like this should mean click here for Parallel (a kind of Parallel button revealed), when of course in reality a click does the opposite - makes it no longer Parallel.

I'm sure decluttering the interface was the motivation for partially hiding the default Parallel icon - and it's true that this setting is not something I need always in front of me. But always showing both icons would ease the disconnect I'm describing, and I think it'd be worth it. I've been using OF for quite a while now and still this tends to break me out of my flow.

Am I alone here?

I'm with you on this, Craig. Always showing the sequential/parallel icon would help. The icons could be muted a bit from the current almost-black sequential icon, but not as faint as the parallel icons that show on mouse-over.

Curt

I agree also. I often find myself clicking on the project to work out what mode it is in - then making it sequential by accident.