The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Matching Callouts / Associating Two Shapes via Stencil Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi, I'm evaluating OmniGraffle in the hopes that I can replace Visio. so far it's great and I'm very excited. One thing that I haven't been able to replicate yet is a Visio shape that I've come to rely on very heavily. It's a single shape that contains three elements:
  1. Reference number
  2. Reference text
  3. Reference pointer that matches the reference number
Here's a screen shot of it in use:

The circles on the left are connected with those on the right that have the pointers/arrows. So, if I change the number '2' on the right to something different, say '4', the associated circle on the left will change to reflect the update to '4'.

This makes it very easy to add callouts as all three pieces are added in a single drag and drop and it simplifies updates if I want to reorder or re-number callouts.

Does anyone know of any existing set of callouts that provide this functionality? If not, can someone provide an explanation as to how to replicate it or point me to an explanation that already exists?

Thanks!