The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Entering Hierarchical Projects or Contexts from Inbox or Quick Entry Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi All,

Sorry for the long title, but that has most of the words I used to search for this answer and didn't find one, so hopefully I'm helping someone else.

Please point me to a previous post if I did miss this somehow. Now..

I'm a current iGTD user who trying out OF and finding it very useful. Since I'm doing a lot of data entry right now I find that I'm adding a lot of projects and contexts from the Inbox or the Quick Add. The issue I'm running into is trying to use OF's ability of hierarchical contexts and projects with the convenience of doing the CMD+Enter for creating new Contexts and Projects on the fly.

I've tried a few variations of adding the ":" in or whatnot, but all I get is a new P or C with the "Mac :" as part of it.

Is this a feature that's not available (yet, I hope), or is there a way to do this that's escaping me.

Thanks in advance.

a.

As far as I know, it's not possible to create a new context within an existing context by using the command-return feature in the context field. Like you, I've tried it several times over the course of OF's development cycle. I agree that it would be a useful feature.

Thanks for confirming the behavior, brianogilvie!

i experience the same. keep me posted if this changes.