The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Repeating groups tasks not appearing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hi everyone,

I am brand new to OmniFocus. I am quite confused about which tasks appear and which don't when I'm trying to figure out what is due. Here's just one example.

I have a project P. In that project are monthly tasks. I therefore made a "monthly" group which I've set to repeat monthly. I also have other periods but I'll ignore that.

In side the "monthly" group I have a task to pay a particular recurring "bill X".

So, the project does NOT repeat, the intermediate group DOES repeat, and the task does NOT repeat. I assume that's the correct setup.

I made a perspective called "Everything". It shows "All Contexts", Grouping by "Due", Sorting by "Due", Availability="Any Status", StatusFilter="Any Status", EstimatedTime="Any Duration".

Then I test. I set the due date of bill X to today. I restart OmniFocus. It's like I've started up in the morning and want to see what's due. I select my "Everything" perspective. I see bill X as due Today. First question: Should I already see "bill X" as later tasks in the "Due within the next 3 months" group? I don't see it.

Let's say OmniFocus won't repeat the task until I complete the current instance of it. So I do complete it. Should I now see the task due later after I click "Clean Up"? I don't see it.

I even restart OmniFocus and still I don't see it.

Could someone explain this?

Regards,
Barry