The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniGraffle requests access to Contacts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi!

I recently upgraded to Mountain Lion. Upon loading OmniGraffle the OS notified me that OmniGraffle was requesting access to my Contacts. I just wanted to check, is this expected behaviour (and what may or may not break if it was denied?)

Cheers!

I'm not on the OmniGraffle team, but I remember overhearing discussion of this last week. My memory is that the app's asking for access to the "Me" contact card for the logged in account. It does so in order to set the "Creator" metadata in the XML of the documents you create.

If you save a Graffle doc as a flat file, then drag it to TextWrangler, BBEdit, or a similar app, you can search for "<key>Creator</key>" to locate the info in question. Hope that helps!