The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iCal Sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

unable to synchronize with ical Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I get this message

you referenced to the following records (in a relationship) but did not actually push them "E89EC0F7-4757-4FBC-933DEBBBD-F1C

can someone help me with this :-)

If anyone's in the mood to help, I cannot sync because "only the default document can be synced". How do i make my document the default document?

Many thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles100 View Post
If anyone's in the mood to help, I cannot sync because "only the default document can be synced". How do i make my document the default document?

Many thanks
I was getting this same message repeatedly thru several builds along with " you referenced to the following records (in a relationship) but did not actually push them "E89EC0F7-4757-4FBC-933DEBBBD-F1C". What instantly helped me was opening I-sync, go to preferences and click "reset sync history". I did this and made no other changes. Worked like a charm.
Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baurryman View Post
I was getting this same message repeatedly thru several builds along with " you referenced to the following records (in a relationship) but did not actually push them "E89EC0F7-4757-4FBC-933DEBBBD-F1C". What instantly helped me was opening I-sync, go to preferences and click "reset sync history". I did this and made no other changes. Worked like a charm.
Hope this helps.
No charm for me but thank you for the reply

I'm also getting the message "Only the default document can be synchronized".

I have tried...
  • resetting sync history in isync
  • completely deleting the Omnifocus data files in ~Library/Application Support/Omnifocus and restarting the program
  • importing and exporting the data file
  • completely "AppZapping" the program and reinstalling
All to no avail.

This is particularly painful to me since I live on my Palm which syncs with iCal, and now I don't have any tasks at all.

Help me, Support Ninjas, you're my only hope!

OmniFocus logs additional details to the console about why it thinks the current document isn't the default document. Could you check your Console log (by running the Console application from /Applications/Utilities) and tell us what it says when you try to sync?

Thanks!

Been enjoying being part of the OmniBetabeta testing group.... but I'm stuck here. I'm still on Tiger, and I think I must be missing something in the various messages here about iCal improvements, because all I know is as of two updates ago (now I'm at 93756), all my iCal OmniFocus-related calendars and their To Dos (previously prefixed OF) are just gone.

And I can't seem to make any more. It used to be a matter of pressing the sync button and my To Dos would appear in the variously generated OF calendars. But no more.

I am reading posts here, but as I'm not digging around in code, and I'm not even getting any pop up error messages, I can't categorize my problem. I'm just getting NO RESULT.

Would love to know why. Or what steps I should take to see current OmniFocus tasks in my iCal again. At all.

If you know the answer, I'd very much appreciate a post back. Thanks!

Replying to myself, after having read a previous thread. I had to create a calendar in iCal first --- in this case "OMNIFOCUS". Then go to Preferences/Sync in OmniFocus, then choose all my contexts which were sitting in some parenthesized calendar called (Unsynchronized) and (and this was counter-intuitive to me) drag them from the right side window into my newly created calendar. THEN I clicked the Sync with iCal button and got all my To Dos again. I know I should be more savvy with the GTD stuff and coordinate my contexts with my calendars manually now.....Oh well. Just glad to see stuff show up again.

I've been struggling with the sync problem but today's release removed a lot of OF's functionality for me. My context(s) cross projects, and calendars, as well as my personal and professional life. The alternative is to create a calendar for each context which is also silly. Why can't there be the option for incomplete Actions and Completed Action?

*** -[NSCFArray objectAtIndex:]: index (498) beyond bounds (498) - This is the message I get when I open Preferences/ical. And nothing more happens. I can't sync with ical at all. I tried "Reset" but that didn't help. What can I do to use Omnifocus with ical under Tiger?